Monday, August 15, 2016

Back to (blogging) Basics!

Hey y'all!

I've been MIA for a while, and I'll admit it, I kinda liked it ;). But NOW it's back to the basics! I'm so ready to be back to sharing how my crunchy life is getting along. But first, an update.

Our oilRup family is bigger than ever, and we are ready for this new season. A season of growth, and exploration. We are ready to have YOU on our team. Over the last year or so, we've had steady growth, and it's been lots of fun! We had 6 people from our oilRup team up in Utah for Young Living's convention, and it was a BLAST!



Speaking of convention, I made a commitment this year! A commitment to go Chemical free on my hair care products--I'm getting there. Ditched the gel and hair spray. I am currently using a hair spritz from Melissa Poepping's (shout-out! this chick even has her own makeup line) booklet "Chemical Free Home". And I just started using Young Living's Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner--so far, I'm loving it. It seems like I can actually go longer between shampooing. I think I may try to do the no-poo method between shampoos to make the product last longer. Now to find a chem free hair spray--if you know of one, link it to me in the comments, pretty please!

Speaking of--sorry ;)--Chemical free. About this time last year, one of my most awesome friends, Pia (shout out!--again, sorry ;)) introduced me to a cool company called Norwex. I just love how well it goes along with my Young Living lifestyle! So I just use water to clean 100% of my home, and 100% of my body....yes, you heard that right, I haven't used body wash in nearly a year! This stuff works, come sit by me ;).

I've ditched Paleo, and I've been sticking with the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan. It's quite lovely, if I do say so myself. This plan is so super functional. I lost nearly 25 lbs the first 8 weeks I was on it, and I was eating such yummy stuff--still am! So if you hear me "talking" about THM, this is it, and I happen to think it's AH-mazingly delicious!

Oh yeah, one more thing--I'M GETTING MARRIED! Yes! October 17, we are "sailing away" with our friends and family, and on October 19 we will be wed on the beautiful beach in Cozumel, Mexico. I seriously can't even express how lucky I am that my friends and family (oh, and Chris!) have agreed to this wedding....seriously the luckiest! So along with my new "commitment" to blogging again, comes a commitment to this cool dude. I'm good with that....and maybe he'll even keep me in check..... yeah, probably not, but it'll be fun to see :)



No comments:

Post a Comment